In this episode, you will learn what to expect in this new podcast as well as learn about your hosts Matt Miller and Kasey Bell and their journey through the Google Teacher Academy, which was a really great experience for both of them. We also have some Google news and updates to share.
The Google Innovator Academy
(Formerly the Google Teacher Academy) Here is the information about the Innovator Academy, and how you can become a Google Certified Innovator.
The House of EdTech Podcast
Listen to the amazing podcast from our Producer, Chris Nesi, The House of #EdTech Podcast.
Submit Your Questions to the Podcast
Google News and Updates
- G Suite updates:
- Citing Sources is back! Yay!: http://www.theverge.com/2016/12/5/13848744/google-docs-g-suite-quick-citation-tool
- G Suite Training Extension: Synergyse now owned by Google and FREE, G Suite Training. Get the Chrome Extension.
- New Google Calendar Fitness features with ‘Goals’: https://blog.google/products/calendar/track-your-new-years-fitness-goals-with-google-calendar/
- Custom Templates for Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms:
- G Suite for Business and Education customers can require templates be approved before they appear in the gallery or restrict who can submit new templates. Admins can learn more about enabling and using custom templates on the G Suite Apps Updates Blog.
- NEW Google Classroom Features: New Google Classroom features make it easier to learn, teach, manage and build
- New Google Sites: https://blog.google./products/g-suite/totally-rebuilt-sites-customer-tested/
On the Blogs
- Matt – Sketchnotes of All 9 DTT Digital Summit Presentations
- Kasey – 17 Things for Teachers to Try in 2017
Ask questions or share your feedback
- Comment on the shownotes below
- Email feedback@GoogleTeacherTribe.com (audio files welcome)
Please Connect with Us
- Check out DitchThatTextbook.com by Matt Miller
- Check out ShakeUpLearning.com by Kasey Bell
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes.
- Follow @jmattmiller
- Follow @ShakeUpLearning
- Follow @GTeacherTribe