Google News and Updates (4:29)
Featured Content (8:05)
Google Slides is a core Google tool that is SO much more than just giving users the ability to create slideshows for presentations.
- How to Create an eBook in Google Slides
- 8 interactive Google Slides activities for classroom excitement
- Animation of the sodium-potassium pump (courtesy of Chris Baker)
- Magnetic Poetry
- Choose Your Own Adventure: Session resources for Matt’s Google Genius presentation
- DriveSlides: Add photos to a folder in Google Drive and DriveSlides will automatically put them onto individual slides in a new Slides presentation
- Self-grading quizzes: Example self-grading quiz
- Infographics: Creating eye-popping infographics with Google Drawings
- Create a Google Classroom Custom Header in Google Drawings
If you have tried any of these we want to hear from you! Leave a comment down below or send us a message!
Google Teacher Tribe Mailbag (24:48)
- Kerrie Johnson (Ohio) asks:
- do you have a hack for getting around not being able to put a Google Sheet in landscape?
- I know it’s possible to make a poster in the G Suite but I’m not exactly sure how. Do I use Drawing? Slides? Any tips?
- Lisa Blevins-Salyer, Technology Integration Specialist (Johnson County Schools) shared this thought:
I was intrigued by the recent segment on Auto Draw. Thank you both for the podcast and the wealth of information packed into your show notes. May the Googles continue to be with you.
On The Blogs (30:08)
- Matt – The Google Drawings Manifesto for Teachers
- Kasey – Teach Like the Tonight Show: Internet Pop Quiz with Google Slides
Ask questions or share your feedback
- Comment on the shownotes below
- Email feedback@GoogleTeacherTribe.com (audio files welcome)
Please Connect with Us
- Check out DitchThatTextbook.com by Matt Miller
- Check out ShakeUpLearning.com by Kasey Bell
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes.
- Follow @jmattmiller
- Follow @ShakeUpLearning
- Follow @GTeacherTribe