Google News and Updates
During episode 24 Matt and Kasey made it known that sometimes there just aren’t many if any updates to speak of. No sooner did they utter those words and Google went crazy with a number updates!
- Expeditions on iOS with Self-Guided Tours and Annotations
- Google Classroom: Import Google Forms quiz grades—Teachers can assign a Google Forms quiz and automatically import grades to the Student Work page.
- Google Data Studio
- Google Data Studio (beta) turns your data into informative dashboards and reports that are easy to read, easy to share, and fully customizable. Dashboarding allows you to tell great data stories to support better business decisions.
- New Google Hardware
Google Slides is a cornerstone application of G Suite and recently Google added a number of features to improve functionality and usability. Some of the features mentioned were long-time requests by users like you and others were bonus add-ons that were unexpected.
- Slides now features Google Keep integration
- New Add-ons…
- Unsplash – Every Unsplash photo is high-res and completely free to use for commercial and personal purposes.
- Adobe Stock
- Shutter Stock
- the Noun Project
- Pear Deck
- Linked Slides
- Slide Sorter
- Insert Diagrams
- Skip Slides (during presentation)
- Apps Scripts
Google Teacher Tribe Mailbag
Dena Dellere (@DDellere) tweeted about her use of Google Classroom for a recent technology-related in-service at her school in Oklahoma. “Each topic is a Session.”
— Dena Dellere (@DDellere) October 5, 2017
Sam Mora, via SpeakPipe, from Arizona, uses Screencastify and is looking for a way to blur sensitive information in the videos she creates.
Christina Smith Rivera, from Colorado, works with teams of Student TechXperts. Her students provide PD for students and staff members at the school. She is looking for ways to connect her student tech leaders with other groups throughout the United States.
On The Blogs
Ask questions or share your feedback
- Comment on the shownotes below
- Email feedback@GoogleTeacherTribe.com (audio files welcome)
Please Connect with Us
- Check out DitchThatTextbook.com by Matt Miller
- Check out ShakeUpLearning.com by Kasey Bell
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes.
- Follow @jmattmiller
- Follow @ShakeUpLearning
- Follow @GTeacherTribe