Google News and Updates (4:25)
- Gmail will create links to contact info
- How it works: Clicking an address link will take the user to Google Maps. Clicking an email address will compose a new email, using the user’s default email client. Finally, when using a mobile device, clicking a phone number will start a call request using the default phone app.
- View the world through someone else’s lens in Google Earth
Featured Content (7:34)
Google Drawings allows you to add some color to your documents, presentations, and websites with easy to create charts and diagrams. However, Matt and Kasey provide you with some additional applications for you and your students.
- Visual Thinking with Google Drawings
- Power of images and text on the brain (dual coding)
- Google Drawings: like a digital poster board (or paper)
- Only tools: lines, shapes, text and images
- Annotate on images
- Example: Tres de Mayo painting annotation
- Take a snapshot and add speech bubbles
- Photo comic strips
- Create infographics
- Icons: The Noun Project (thenounproject.com)
- An example infographic: DitchThatTextbook.com/hunter
- Create eye-popping infographics with Google Drawings
- Graphic organizers
- FREE Google Drawings Cheat Sheet
- 10 engaging Google Drawings activities for classes
- The Google Drawings Manifesto for Teachers
- Use Google Drawings for brain-friendly visual notetaking
- Google Drawings interactive posters (no glue sticks necessary!)
- 10 Ways to Use Google Drawings in the Classroom
Google Teacher Tribe Mailbag (25:18)
- Meghan Eberhart (MN) asks about web-based video editors with the recent Google killing of the Youtube video editor/creator.
- Becca Glassberg (NY) had a quick question regarding Google Classroom differentiation and how assignments appear on Google Calendar.
- Tim Baker (KY) runs a Student Tech Leadership Program (STLP) and is looking for an app, tool, or extension for managing checklists for repetitive tasks.
On The Blogs (33:04)
- Matt – From Topic to Thesis, Teaching Students to Write Argument (Shaelynn Farnsworth)
- Kasey – How to Infuse Google Classroom with the Power of YouTube
Ask questions or share your feedback
- Comment on the shownotes below
- Email feedback@GoogleTeacherTribe.com (audio files welcome)
Please Connect with Us
- Check out DitchThatTextbook.com by Matt Miller
- Check out ShakeUpLearning.com by Kasey Bell
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes.
- Follow @jmattmiller
- Follow @ShakeUpLearning
- Follow @GTeacherTribe