Youtube received a few tweaks and updates at the end of Summer 2017. What does this mean for you?
Google News and Updates (4:00)
- What’s Really Going on With Google Drive
- Applied Digital Skills: New Lessons and RubricsThe Applied Digital Skills program recently added new lessons plans and assessment rubrics. Additionally, Applied Digital Skills is now aligned to the state standards for ten states, with more coming soon. Explore the curriculum now.
- Earlier this summer, Google Arts & Culture launched ‘We Wear Culture’, looking at the history of fashion and the stories behind what we wear. From the story of the Sari in India and lace making in Switzerland; this project covers a wide range of designers, fashion icons and subjects. There are 6 Google Expedition tours to accompany the project.
- Create a Culture of Innovation at Your School The beginning of the school year is a great opportunity to proactively shape the culture of your school, and a culture of innovation can amplify the impact of technology. Take advantage of this time to nurture an environment where teachers are encouraged to take risks and try new things in order to better serve students. Use this guide to access guiding principles and actionable tips for creating a culture of innovation among teachers and staff.
- Embed on Google Sites
Featured Content (16:40)
- What’s New In YouTube?
- Got a new look and features on Aug. 29 – highlights
- Lots of updates to mobile – Watch this video
- Google for Education on YouTube
- EDU in 90 on YouTubeWant to keep tabs on the latest updates from Google for Education, but don’t have much time? Check out EDU in 90, a new video series from Google for Education. Each episode, we focus on an important topic for educators, administrators, and school leaders – things like product updates, new programs, and helpful resources for the classroom. Subscribe to the Google for Education YouTube channel to make sure you don’t miss an episode.
- Episode 2: What’s New in Classroom
- New embed options
- New look and feel
- Open transcript
- Dark theme great for whole class watching in the dark
- GTT on YT
Google Teacher Tribe Mailbag (27:01)
On The Blogs (32:04)
Ask questions or share your feedback
Please Connect with Us
This post may contain links to products or services with which we have an affiliate relationship. We may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links